Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Peeing in the Street

Background: For those of you who don't know, my grandpa was the best grandpa ever. He could beat up any other grandpa in the world (except, of course, my other grandpa. That fight would have ended in the cutest tie ever!). Anyway, his diagnostic abilities are legend in our family. Whenever you got gunk somewhere, such as Pink Eye, he would say, "You've been peeing in the street again."

Sunday morning Little Ms. Eris came into our room crying. Her eye was stuck shut. That's right. Pink Eye is back. This is a classic example of the First Principle of Eris's Law, which states:

"I. A Little Eris will only be sick enough to require medical attention or a prescription on a weekend or holiday, thus causing a $50 co-pay for a visit to urgent care."



This is what she looked like after we cleaned her eye out, skipped church (and the primary program) to get a steroid drop in there and went straight to Grandma Numi for a photo. It looked like we had punched her in the eye. Yesterday? It was in the other eye. Today, Littlest Ms. has it. And now, my eyes are itching. Awesome.

So, who's coming over for a visit first? We promise to wash our hands!

4 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Ewww. Eye cooties.

Muriel said...

OK, now our trip is canceled.

athena said...

Instead of being upset for getting robbed of my babysitter duties this week I'm actually relieved! I don't need that crap at my house!

KFinley said...

No worries...I'll keep my distance!