Sunday, January 15, 2012

And now for something completely different



For all the times I've been to Disneyland, there a few things I've never done, including the Tom Sawyer Island and the Mark Twain riverboat. Well, today, due to a couple of ride closures, we had some time to kill in New Orleans Square. Dangitall if those boring old standbys weren't pretty fun! The kids ran around the island - chased most often by their fathers and grandfather (while the women-folk pretended to be nuns or lesbians because that would be less embarrassing than admitting we were not only with them but actually married to these men). I hate to say it, but we had fun with these culturally insensitive, and pretty racist, attractions.

Oh, I also learned that trying to cram three kids, one teenager, my father-in-law and me into one teacup on the Mad Hatter ride is doable... but I don't recommend it.

It was a very successful and educational first day!

No comments: