Saturday, September 13, 2008

But I'm Not That Bad

I am teaching a class at a local professional college - you know, two year degrees and stuff. This is my second class and this one is online. I totally love it. Very little energy expended for a tidy little paycheck. I freely admit that I haven't spent a lot of time with the material (the phrase "whatever I can get away with" is about right) but last night it got real.

I caught a student plagiarising. The first few assignments were opinion based, but this week they had to summarize info from the text. Well one student decided to give her answer verbatim from the textbook.

Seriously, do people really not realize it raises a billion little red flags when they start using words "causal" and "morbidity" after four weeks of improperly using "there" "they're" and "their"?!?! Duh.

PS - I added a new blog to the sidebar. Cakewrecks is awesome! I giggle each time I visit.

1 comment:

KFinley said...

Seriously, that is the main thing that ticked me off my senior year. We were doing our senior thesis, a kid in our class got caught turning in plagerized work, and didn't even fail the class. There is a point where there's even doing less than the minimum. Gah! Bad memories!