Wednesday, July 19, 2006

In the Mood to Celebrate

I live a charmed life. I admit it. Not a lot of tragedy has befallen me, and I am grateful. Last year, I witnessed unholy amounts of tragedy from the front row, the result being I am now much more grateful for the way fortune smiles upon me.

Last night I had a great party with family and friends. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, and he’s not too hard on the eyes. I have 3 adorable children who are all healthy and developing as they should. We live in comfort. And today, I got good news and feel as though I have, once again, avoided tragedy. So I think it’s time to enjoy the people I love.

Tonight Keith and I will go out with friends – have a nice dinner and enjoy good conversation. We will watch a game and just relax. It may not sound like much, but I believe nights like this are what life is meant for. A summer evening in jeans and sandals, eating too much, laughing too loud, smelling the grass, and watching a live sporting event. We will talk about silly things and serious things. We will tell stories we don’t know about each other. And as I sit with my friends I will be thinking of how lucky I am.

Lucky to have my friends.
Lucky to have my family.
Lucky to have it all.

3 comments:

The Duchess said...

Or, the women will chat while the men follow the ball...where's the ball, where's the ball, where's the ball...

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»