Thursday, July 27, 2006

Eris Joins the 21st Century

So I have been married for more than 10 years. In those years we have watched television via "rabbit ears." Yes, you read right: no cable or satellite - nada. We have also ventured out onto the interweb on a dial up connection. It's been a strange and very slow ride.

All that changed yesterday. Much to my displeasure, Keith ordered us up a big helping of Comcast: digital cable and DSL. This wouldn't bother me so much if we were both working - thus living with looser belts. Well, we got the cable and the DSL and I have to say, "I love it!" I am sitting in my family room, laptop on lap, blogging (at the speed of ... let's just say I don't miss watching the screen load up piece my hugging piece), and I'm flipping between VH1 and ESPN.

Last night I watched 2 hours of ESPN and Fox Sports Network. I don't know what I have been doing with my time! Reading? Talking to my family? Whatever. From this moment on, I will be watching the World Series of Pop Trivia, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, and Sports Center - in that order. All of this, while blogging and IMing. I'll be doing this until my eyes adjust to the screen and I look like Golem from Lord of the Rings.

Now you might say, "But Eris, shouldn't you exercise some self control and turn off the t.v. and computer?" I say to you, "Mind your own damn business. I have to make up for an entire decade of being out of the loop. Now shut up! Joe Buck is calling the game."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»