Monday, February 23, 2009

Bragging.

A few weeks ago I submitted a paper to a conference for my first time ever. The deadline for submission was 3:00. At 2:45 I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth and hit the send button before I could change my mind (because the paper wasn't perfect). I just got an email that I will be presenting said paper at the conference on March 13.

I am so excited! I have never dared submit anything before so I picked something local, but a conference is a conference and it will look so pretty on my CV. For those of you dying to know, the title of the paper is:

Social Construction of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007:
A narrative analysis.
Yay. Today I feel brave and smart.

5 comments:

'boo said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

The Numismatist said...

Can proud Moms come? Can I make a poster? Huh? Huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed,but what does the title mean?

Just Casi said...

You're so smart.

Lucy said...

What conference, where?