Thursday, November 12, 2009

You'll Regret This One, Buddy

Last night I sat in my basement cleaning up the "cleaned up" family room Mr. Eris left for me and the phone rang. Little Ms. Eris answered and said, "Ok. Here's my mom." The following is a true account of what happened next:


Caller: "Hello, Ms. Eris. My name is Buddy and I am calling on behalf of
the American pro-life movement. Ms. Eris, the fight against ..."

Eris (interrupting): "BOY, DID YOU CALL THE WRONG HOUSE! WE ARE A PRO-CHOICE FAMILY. GOODBYE."

So, here is the question I pose: How did my phone number - which is connected to my name, which you will find on the list of active membership at the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, and the National Democratic Party - get on this calling list?!

3 comments:

The Numismatist said...

The same way my name is on the Republican list. Just a way to keep them on their toes. I'm surprised you didn't "play" with him for a while. A missed opportunity.

Just Casi said...

wow. nicely done.

Erstwild said...

Ha ha, decades ago, me & another guy made a crank phone call to a major Salt Lake John Birch Society officer. The call was from the "Gus Hall for President", the frequent Communist Party US Presidential candidate of the era, "committee".

It took the guy a moment to remember who Hall was, but he flipped when he did!

Political surveys are exempt from "Do not call" lists.